As a single-source, full-service roofing contractor, we have over 30 years of experience in commercial, industrial, and governmental re-roofing and maintenance systems. Did you know that not all re-roofs require a tear-off of the existing roof? A tear-off accounts for approximately 30% of the total cost! A Fluid Applied Reinforced Roofing (FARR) System requires NO tear-off.
So why haven’t you heard about this FARR system before? It’s simple. Most roofing contractors have invested heavily in equipment to install built-up roofs and have not explored alternative systems.
At Scholten Roofing Services, we have over 20 years experience using the FARR system. During this time, we have also designed and invested in state-of-the-art equipment to facilitate this roofing system.
In comparison, with Scholten you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Safety – There are no kettles or flames used to melt the asphalt.
- No Toxic Odors – This system has NO odor, unlike odors of melted asphalt or coal tar, so there are no odors to irritate customers or employees. It is less disruptive to the ongoing income producing business activity taking place in the facility.
- Lightweight Roof Material – When our material is applied over the existing roof with a minimal weight increase, 40 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. as opposed to 200 lbs. per 100 sq. ft. for a cap sheet.
- Superior strength – The polyester is over 300% stronger than fiberglass or organic roofing felts.
- Cost – The cost of this system can be expensed rather than capitalized like conventional roof systems.